The Webcam Pharmacy is a free in-store service that lets you obtain medicine even if the resident pharmacist is off duty. Instead of waiting, you can use our webcam to consult with a Guardian pharmacist at another location.
How does the Webcam Pharmacy work?
To obtain medicine using the Webcam Pharmacy, simply follow these steps.
1. Request staff assistance
2. Speak to our pharmacist online via our webcam
- For pharmacy-only medicine, you would need to provide your name and contact number.
- For prescription medicine, you would need to provide a valid prescription and the following personal details: NRIC/FIN/passport number, name, address, date of birth, contact number and email address (if available).
3. Collect your medicine
What are the benefits of the Webcam Pharmacy?
The Webcam Pharmacy lets you obtain medicine safely and conveniently even when the resident pharmacist is off duty. This lets you avoid having to wait or return at a later time, while continuing to enjoy the quality care you deserve.
How do I know if I’m getting correct and suitable medicine?
Before you receive your medicine, our pharmacist will assess you on the suitability of the medicine. The pharmacist will then ensure that our trained pharmacy technicians select the right medicine for you. Hence you can rest easy that you will receive the same professional service as if a pharmacist is standing right in front of you.
What kind of medicine can be collected?
You can collect two types of medicines: pharmacy-only medicines and prescription medicines.
Pharmacy-only medicines require pharmacists’ advice to ensure their safety and efficacy for you. You can obtain pharmacy-only medicine after consultation with the pharmacist.
You can seek advice and obtain the following pharmacy-only medicines for:
- Cold and flu
- Diarrhoea and gastric
- Travel health
- Eye redness/itchiness
- Smoking cessation
- Dental health
- Fungal infections
Prescription medicines require a valid prescription issued by a locally registered doctor, dentist or veterinarian. You would also need to speak with the pharmacist in order to collect the medicine.
What is the technical support behind the Webcam Pharmacy?
In addition to our dedicated team of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy assistants, the Webcam Pharmacy is supported by:
- A high-speed broadband connection to ensure the best web-counselling experience
- Guardian Pharmacy System – our centralised patient record system that allows retrieval of the information needed to assess the suitability of medicine for you