6 Secrets To Youthful Skin
Waking up and finding another wrinkle on your face is definitely a nightmare many women experience, especially as they enter their 30s or 40s. But before you sulk and worry about the many more to come, find out how you can slow down the ageing process with these tips!
Reach for retinol
Research shows that antioxidants have the ability to fight the effects of free radicals and slow down the ageing process of the skin.
Retinol, one of the first few antioxidants included in anti-wrinkle face creams, contains vitamin A and can reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
It’s time for hydroxyl acids
Another popular ingredient in anti-wrinkle face creams is hydroxyl acid, which is also found in fruits that contain sugar.
Hydroxyl acid helps exfoliate dead skin cells and encourage the healthy growth of skin cells underneath the surface. This results in a smoother, more evenly pigmented skin and a younger appearance.
This acid, however, also increases the skin’s sensitivity to sun exposure, so make sure you have your sunscreen on when you use a cream with hydroxyl acid.
Call in co-enzyme Q10
Co-enzyme Q10 is a nutrient that can diminish the appearance of fine lines around the eyes with no harmful side effects. It can also protect the skin against sun exposure.
Smooth out those wrinkles
Taking the frown off your face is definitely a must if you wish to keep wrinkles at bay. Squinting, frowning or grimacing too hard, or for too long can haste the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Cut the sugar
Apart from adding no nutritional value to your diet, sugar has also been found to cause wrinkles. Health-wise, a high-sugar diet will put you at a higher risk of developing diseases like diabetes.
Do a DIY facial massage
Make your beauty regime even better by adding this 7-step facial massage to the list. You can easily do this at the comfort of your home,
so start today!
- Cleanse your face thoroughly.
- Stroke your face gently with both hands, starting from the neck, out across the cheeks, then glide gently inwards. Continue working up and out over the forehead.
- Apply pressure gently to the temples.
- Stimulate the skin by using the back of your hands and loosely rolling your fingers up each cheek. This can also be used on the neck and under the chin.
- Use your thumb and forefinger to gently pinch the skin along the jawbone and under the chin. This helps prevent a double chin.
- To release tension around the eyes, firmly squeeze the eyebrows with your thumb and forefinger, working from the bridge of the nose to the temples.
- Make firm circular movements, working up either side of the neck, then out across the shoulders to relieve tension in the neck and shoulders.
Recommended for you